- Lesson 1 – Greta Thunberg: Beyond Misinformation Get to know Greta Thunberg, the teenage climate activist who has become a target of misinformation worldwide. This module will explore Thunberg’s life, her work, and the ecological movement she has spurred globally. We will critically examine the misinformation spread about her and her cause, studying the tactics used and the impact these falsehoods have on public opinion and the climate change conversation.
- Lesson 2 – Fake News in Chemistry: Demystifying Misconceptions In this module, we will explore the prevalence and impact of fake news within the context of chemistry. Misinformation in this field can lead to misconceptions about scientific principles, chemical safety, and the real-world applications of chemistry. We will study notable cases of misinformation, discuss their implications, and equip students with strategies to recognize and counteract fake news in this critical field.
This course aims to strengthen students’ understanding of these two diverse areas and their capacity to discern facts from fiction. By dissecting real-world examples of misinformation, students will build their critical thinking skills and develop a discerning eye for identifying and dealing with fake news. This course is suited for high school students, educators, and anyone with a keen interest in understanding the impact of misinformation on our understanding of chemistry and ecology.
What Will You Learn?
- An in-depth understanding of Greta Thunberg's life, work, and the global ecological movement she sparked.
- The impact of misinformation on public opinion and the discourse around climate change.
- An understanding of the prevalence and consequences of fake news in the field of chemistry.
- The ability to identify and debunk misconceptions related to scientific principles and chemical safety.
- Insight into real-world applications of chemistry and how misinformation can distort these understandings.
- Strategies to recognize and counteract fake news in both the fields of ecology and chemistry.
- How to apply critical thinking skills to differentiate between fact and fiction in these domains.
Greta Thunberg: Beyond Misinformation
Greta Thunberg: Beyong Misinformation07:12